"Presence-Based Coaching is a model of coaching in which the coach is commiteed to her/his state of presence and inner-work while helping the clients to develop the same capacity in themselves. It is grounded in a belief that presence is an essential element in human learning and development. Through the focus on the use of presence in the coaching relationship, clients are supported to become whole, authentic and self-generative."
1. There are three doorways into presence: mind, body, and heart. When we do practices associated with each of these areas, we become increasingly masterful over our inner state, and the experience of presence is more accessible.
2. ... in any endeavor focused on human development, our quality of presence is central to our professional efficacy.
3. Presence engenders creativity, agility, resilience, and authenticity.... When we are present, we are maximally resourceful and responsive to what our circumstances require of us.
4. ... presence greatly accelerates our capacity to learn... In fact, presence is central to our capacity to be self-generative - to choose, in each living moment, who we are and how we respond to life.
5. Presence is a state available to all of us at any moment. While acquired habits and tendencies greatly constrain our experience of presence, our access to it can be intentionally and systematically cultivated.
Presence Based Coaching
The following excerpts/quotes are taken from the book Presence-Based Coaching by Doug Silsbee:
"Presence is a state of awareness, in the moment, characterized by the felt experience of timelessness, connectedness, and a larger truth."